Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bathroom Redo, Custom Towels and a Leopard Print Frenzy

We redid our bathroom about a year and a half ago and I was in a leopard print frenzy at the time.  I still like it, but I am not as crazy about it as I use to be.  I wanted leopard print towels.  I looked and looked and looked.   They were either too expensive or not the right color so I made my own.  I bought some towels and sewed bands of fabric on the edge. 

IMG_0573

 

IMG_0572

IMG_0576

Here is the functional towel.

IMG_0579

This bathroom was horrid before we redid it.  It was a cramped little space, but had a huge vanity area next to it.  There was not a sink in the vanity.  Just a big area to put on your makeup if you didn’t mind waking up your husband since the space was open to the bedroom.  The houses in my neighborhood were built in the 70s.  Most of them have this vanity area.  The only photo I have is the photo I took when we toured the house to see if we wanted to buy it.

bathroom

We took out the wall that divided the bathroom from the vanity area so it could be one big room.  Here is the vanity area now.

bathroom2

We also closed off the mater bedroom wall that lead into the vanity area. 

Here is a photo of the sheet rock that closed off the space.

bathroom3

And now.

IMG_0580

So here are some of my leopard print frenzy decor items.

I decoupaged some leopard print tissue paper on the base of a lamp.

IMG_0567

IMG_0562

IMG_0577

I painted a frame in leopard print.

IMG_0566

IMG_0574

And I bought this print to remind us daily we are blessed.

IMG_0569

IMG_0571

Thanks for stopping by.

signature2

Linking to

Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

Make it Yours Day @ Backyard Eden

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge

Show & Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails